Feb. 1, 2013
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The University of Louisville track and field teams wrapped up day one of the Meyo Invitational with 13 top-10 finishes on Friday evening in South Bend, Ind.
Michelle Kinsella scored the lone victory of the day for the Cardinals at the Loftus Sport Center, taking first in the high jump. Kinsella, who now has won all three high jump competitions this season, cleared the bar at 1.78m/5-10. Her season-best mark of 1.85m/6-0.75 currently ranks seventh nationally.
The Cardinals' men's and women's throwers turned in solid performances as well. Amashi Kendall and Sam Bombaugh posted fourth-place finishes in their respective weight throw competitions. Patrice Gates had a fifth-place showing in the event, and Brad Vivace and Sebastian Lenz took eighth and ninth, respectively, behind season-best marks.
On the track, sprinters Calvin Arsenault and Margret Harris picked up from where they left off last week. Arsenault, who broke the 20-year-old 60m hurdles record at the Rod McCravy Memorial, took fifth in the trials of the event on Friday. By duplicating his fifth-place finish in the semifinals, Arsenault earned a spot in Saturday's finals. Harris placed second in the 60m trials and then took third in the semifinals, securing a place in Saturday's final, too.
At the end of the meet, Louisville gained two additional BIG EAST qualifying marks. Freshman Kelsey Cramsey
finished in the top 25 in the 1,000m, with a qualifying time of 2:56.21, while classmate Marcus Motill
took sixth in the 500m with a mark of 1:04.82.
The Cardinals return to action at the Meyo Invitational on Feb. 2, at 10 a.m. The last event on Saturday for Louisville, the men's 4x400m relay, is scheduled to begin at 5:10 p.m.
For the latest information on Louisville cross country and track and field, log on to GoCards.com, or, for up-to-the-minute updates, follow the team's Twitter account at www.twitter.com/uofltrackxc or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/uofltrackxc.
MEYO INVITATIONAL (SOUTH BEND, IND. - LOFTUS SPORT CENTER)
Friday, Feb. 1
Women's Open Pole Vault
t-9. Chelsea Bingham - 3.55m/11-7.75 #
Women's Long Jump
14. Margret Harris - 5.64m/18-6 #
19. Brittany Owens - 5.53m/18-1.75 #
26. Hannah Cox - 5.45m/17-10.75
31. Kim Cardeiro - 5.30m/17-4.75
Men's Long Jump
Jeron Brown - FOUL
Women's Weight Throw
4. Amashi Kendall - 18.54m/60-10 #
5. Patrice Gates - 18.42m/60-5.25 #
15. Rachel Serafin - 16.18m/53-1 #
18. Liberty Slinden - 15.39m/50-6
19. Hannah Baker - 15.35m/50-4.50
Men's Weight Throw
4. Sam Bombaugh - 18.78m/61-7.50 #
8. Brad Vivace - 17.73m/58-2 #
9. Sebastian Lenz - 17.58m/57-8.25 #
17. Nils Westrich - 16.41m/53-10.25 #
22. Isaac Bowling - 15.36m/50-4.75 #
Men's 60m Hurdles Trials
5. Calvin Arsenault - 8.06q #
Women's 60m Trials
2. Margret Harris - 7.52q #
Women's High Jump
1. Michelle Kinsella - 1.78m/5-10 #
Men's Open Pole Vault
8. Jacob Sebastian - 4.80m/15-9 #
Kevin Jackson - NH
32. Japhet Kipkoech - 15:08.06
Men's 60m Hurdles Semifinals
5. Calvin Arsenault - 8.01q #
Women's 60m Semifinals
3. Margret Harris - 7.57q #
23. Kelsey Cramsey - 2:56.21 #
48. Jordan Diaz - 3:06.71
6. Marcus Motill - 1:04.82 #
# denotes BIG EAST qualifying mark