In the fall: Posted seven singles wins over players from Indiana State, Murray State, Belmont, UT-Chattanooga, Wyoming, South Carolina State and Austin Peay... Advanced to the "A-2" quarterfinals of the Southern Intercollegiate Championship.
As a junior (2000): Compiled a 14-9 dual match record playing mostly at No. 4... Went 17-22 overall in singles with wins over players from Illinois State, New Mexico, Ball State, Evansville, Stetson, Xavier, Cincinnati and UNC Charlotte... Combined with Kelly Kiehna, Melisa San Martin, Beckett Hoyt for a 9-7 doubles record.
As a sophomore (1999): Went 30-11 in singles... Teamed with Kelly Ford to compile a 22-7 overall record in doubles... Combined with Beckett Hoyt to go 4-0 in doubles, giving her an overall doubles record of 26-7... At one time, she put together an 11 match winning streak... Recorded key wins over Cincinnati, Xavier, North Carolina, Southern Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Middle Tennessee, Southern Miss, Saint Louis and UAB.
As a freshman (1998): Compiled a 27-4 overall record in singles and a 13-6 doubles record... Recorded key wins over players from Illinois, Marquette, Eastern Michigan, Tulane, TCU and UAB.
In high school: Lettered four years under coach Marvina Lewis... Earned Most Valuable Player honors for her tennis team all four years... Ranked in the top 30 of the Western Division... Played in the Wightman Cup the past three years... Four year member of the Student Government Association... Received Honors Choral Award... Member of the FCA Club for two years... Renaissance Program Activities Director... Spanish Club secretary for three years... Also lettered in volleyball and basketball.
Personal: Birthdate is January 18, 1979... Daughter of Wes and Debbie Whitler... Major is Exercise Science with a minor in Sport Administration.
- Athletic goal at U of L: To win Conference USA
- Academic goal: To graduate with a good GPA
- Post college ambition: Pharmaceutical drug sales
- Best moment of my tennis career: Signing with UofL
- What I like most about the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center: The Wimbledon Room
- Tennis advice I would give a young player: The most important thing is to have fun
- Reason I chose U of L: Coach Peavy, the team and facility
- Best thing about being an athlete: The people you meet
- Primary inspiration in sports: My parents
- Tennis players I most admire: Monica Seles and Lindsey Davenport
- Hobbies and outside interests: Reading and music
- Biggest thrill in sports: Being a part of the U of L athletic program
- What I like most about U of L's campus: Bass-Rudd Tennis Center and Cardinal Park
Year Dual Tourn. Overall Dual Tourn. Overall
2000 14-9 3-13 17-22 13-8 7-6 20-14
1999 16-6 14-5 30-11 15-3 11-4 26-7
1998 14-3 13-1 27-4 5-4 4-1 9-3
Total 44-15 30-19 74-37 33-15 22-11 55-24
"Whit is the best all-around athlete I've had in years. She is strong, quick and intelligent. The goal with Kelly is to be productive with her shot selection." - Coach Meg Peavy