Feb. 17, 2013
CLEMSON, S.C. - The University of Louisville men's tennis team fell 4-0 to host Clemson Sunday afternoon.
The Tigers took the doubles point to start the match. Luis Elizondo and Austin Siegel fell 8-2 to Hunter Harrington and Gerardo Meza at No. 3 and the point was decided on court two where Sebastian Stiefelmeyer and Amaury Derognat lost 8-6 to Ayrton Wibowo and Austin Ansari.
In singles, Clemson won at Nos. 1, 4 and 2. Stiefelmeyer fell 6-1, 6-2 to Yannick Maden at the top seed. Michael Lippens lost 6-4, 6-3 at No. 4 and Chris Simich won the first set 3-6 against Hunter Harrington, but fell 6-1, 6-4 in the second and third for the final point of the match.
The Cardinals (7-6) will travel to Virginia Tech on Feb. 24.
No. 57 Clemson 4,No. 35 Louisville 0
2/17/2013 at Clemson, S.C. Singles
1. Yannick Maden (CLEMSON) def. Sebastian Stiefelmeyer (LOU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Hunter Harrington (CLEMSON) def. Chris Simich (LOU) 3-6, 6-1, 6-4
3. Gerardo Meza (CLEMSON) vs. Albert Wagner (LOU) 6-3, 4-6, 3-4, unfinished
4. Ayrton Wibowo (CLEMSON) def. Michael Lippens (LOU) 6-4, 6-3
5. Zachary Rigsby (CLEMSON) vs. Austin Siegel (LOU) 3-2, unfinished
6. Austin Ansari (CLEMSON) vs. Alex Gornet (LOU) 3-2, unfinished
Order of finish: Singles (1,4,2)
1. Dominique Maden/Zachary Rigsby (CLEMSON) vs. Albert Wagner/Alex Gornet (LOU) 6-5, unfinished
2. Ayrton Wibowo/Austin Ansari (CLEMSON) def. Sebastian Stiefelmeyer/Amaury Derognat (LOU) 8-6
3. Hunter Harrington/Gerardo Meza (CLEMSON) def. Luis Elizondo/Austin Siegel (LOU) 8-2
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2)