Feb. 15, 2014
LINCOLN, Neb. - The University of Louisville men's tennis team defeated Nebraska 4-2 Saturday afternoon at the Nebraska Tennis Center.
The Nebraska indoor courts were polar opposite of our courts - they were fast and in a bubble," said UofL coach Rex Ecarma. "Their crowd was really loud and into the match. This was a really good road win under tough conditions. This showed some real growth for us and heading into a big weekend at home."
Louisville began the match by taking the doubles point. Nebraska's Dusty Boyer and Andrew Dzulynsky defeated Luis Elizondo and Jeffrey Brown 6-2 at the three-spot, but Sebastian Stiefelmeyer and Van Damrongsri quickly evened the score with a 6-3 victory over Marc Herrmann and Beau Treyz at No.2. The point came down to court No. 1 where Albert Wagner and Chris Simich outlasted Brandon Videtich and Bradford Zitsch 6-5 (7-4) to put the Cards up 1-0.
In singles action, Nebraska evened the score when Boyer defeated Stiefelmeyer 6-2, 6-2 at the two-spot. The Cardinals answered on court No. 3 where Alex Gornet beat Dzulynski 6-4, 6-2. Luis Elizondo increased the lead to 3-1 with his 6-1, 6-5 (8-6) win over Treyz at No. 5. The Huskers cut the lead to 3-2
When V. Stavropoulos edged Michael Lippens 6-4, 6-5 (7-4) at the six spot. Albert Wagner's 6-3, 4-6, 6-2 victory over Hermann at No. 1 sealed the win for the Cardinals."
UofL (6-2) will return to the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center to face Virginia Tech on Feb. 21 at 4 p.m.
#49 Louisville 4, #59 Nebraska 2
Feb. 15, 2014 at Lincoln, Neb.
(Nebraska Tennis Center)
1. Albert Wagner (LOU) d. Marc Herrmann (NEB) 6-3, 4-6, 6-2
2. Dusty Boyer (NEB) def. Sebastian Stiefelmeyer (LOU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Alex Gornet (LOU) def. Andrew Dzulynsky (NEB) 6-4, 6-2
4. Tom Blackwell (NEB) vs. Chris Simich (LOU) 6-2, 5-6 (5-7), unfinished
5. Luis Elizondo (LOU) def. Beau Treyz (NEB) 6-1, 6-5 (8-6)
6. V. Stavropoulos (NEB) def. Michael Lippens (LOU) 6-4, 6-5 (7-4)
Order of finish: 2,3,5,6,1
1. Albert Wagner/Chris Simich (LOU) def. Brandon Videtich/Bradford Zitsch (NEB) 6-5 (7-4)
2. Sebastian Stiefelmeyer/Van Damrongsri (LOU) def. Marc Herrmann/Beau Treyz (NEB) 6-3
3. Dusty Boyer/Andrew Dzulynsky (NEB) def. Luis Elizondo/Jeffrey Brown (LOU) 6-2
Order of finish: 3,2,1