Aug. 9, 2011
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The Louisville football team continued its preseason drills on Tuesday morning working in full pads for the first time.
Here are some notes from Tuesday's practice:
- Practicing for 2 hours, 30 minutes in full pads, the Cardinals did a lot of situational work in the red zone during their full team drills.
- The Cardinals are using a number of underclassmen in their first couple of groups.
- The team worked a lot on 1-on-1 tackling drills in the open field with the linebackers going against running backs and the secondary working against the wide receivers.
- Senior wide receiver Josh Bellamy is having a good camp and looks to be a featured receiver for the Cardinals entering the season.
- The defense put a lot of pressure on the quarterback during Tuesday's team drills.
- Freshman quarterback Teddy Bridgewater returned to practice on Tuesday and did some throwing during the session.
- The Cardinals will continue their preseason camp with a closed practice session on Wednesday morning before hosting their annual media day activities at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium.