The Family Place is a Child Abuse Treatment Agency. CardsCARE staff and student-athletes take pride in our partnership with the Family Place. Each year we are excited to donate both our time and money to the Caper, as well as the Holiday Family Support Program and the Holiday Fest.
The Family Place offers the following programs:
- Family Treatment Program - Designed for families in which child sexual abuse has occurred. All members of the family, including the person responsible for the abuse, are provided with individual, peer group and family therapy as well as educational and specialty experiences. Treatment is long-term and intensive, usually lasting for about 18 months. Ages three to adults.
- Juvenile Treatment Program - Designed for young people ages 10 to 17 who have sexually abused younger children. It is a unique treatment approach that involves all aspects of a youth's life including court, family, school and employment, if applicable. The parents of the youth responsible for the abuse must also participate in treatment. This program is long-term and intensive, usually lasting for two to three years.
- Children's Program - Provides therapeutic services for children ages birth to five years who have experienced or been exposed to family violence. Elements of the program are designed to promote a positive self-image, remedy developmental delays and teach age-appropriate responsibility. Children attend this licensed and nationally accredited child care center daily, usually for two years.
- Crisis Care - Provides preventative services for children who are at risk of stress-related maltreatment or neglect caused by a temporary family emergency. Children typically receive services for a few days to a week. Ages birth to five years.
If you are interested in donating your time or money to the Family Place, contact:
DIRECTIONS to The Family Place:
- Take a left on Eastern Pkwy.
- Pass Preston Hwy and Shoney's Restaurant
- Take a right on Burnett
- Take first right (Minoma)
- Take a Right into parking lot
- Mt. Zion Church - enter in back