Your Impact On Louisville's Future
- The new Academic Center of Excellence is priority number 1 for Louisville Athletics
- Thorntons will match every dollar from donors for this campaign before December 1
- A combined $6 million will be raised to finalize funding necessary for the new state of the art facility
- This facility will provide the resources for over 750 UofL student-athletes to succeed in the classroom
- Upon successful completion of the campaign, ground will be broken during the 2014-15 academic year
Click the 'DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT' button on the left to contribute for the Academic Center of Excellence now. Donations for the Academic Center of Excellence can have a big impact on your priority points. Click here to see how this happens.
Click here to sign up for your Thorntons Refreshing Rewards Card now.
Have questions regarding the Thorntons Matching Gift Campaign? Contact our Cardinal Athletic Fund representative, Michael Dudas by e-mail or phone 502-852-3195. You may also click here for more information about our recent capital projects.
The proposed Student-Athlete Academic Center of Excellence is a key component to the continued growth of the University of Louisville Athletics Department. This $14 million dollar state-of-the-art facility will be prominently located at the south end of Papa John's Cardinal Stadium beneath the Norton Terrace, providing ease of access for all of the University's student-athletes. Housing individual tutor rooms, learning labs, and group study areas, this facility will impact over 750 student-athletes across 23 sports on a daily basis. Additionally, the Academic Center of Excellence will serve as home of the athletic department's academic services staff and community outreach programs.